Our Services


Applying for asylum, protection in the United States based on fear of persecution, is a difficult process to apply for alone. Sometimes asylum is an application sent to the immigration service, USCIS. Sometimes, asylum is an application made before an Immigration Judge with the Immigration Court system. But the first step to having any asylum application approved is always making sure it is properly prepared and filed.


Obtaining gainful employment is of the utmost importance for foreign nationals in the United States. A work permit is required for a noncitizen to legally work in the United States if he or she has not yet obtained a U.S. residency. Filing for a work permit often comes with timing regulations and different categories of work permits have different filing requirements. Why risk a denial or a delay of your ability to start earning money in the United States?

Common work permit categories:
  • A5 (approved asylum)
  • A10 (No Deportation Approval)
  • C8 (Asylum application pending)
  • C9 (Waiting for green card application)
  • C10 (10 years waiting for green card application)
  • Other work permits can also be processed


Vista Legal works the cases of all types of visas available under U.S. law, both nonimmigrant and immigrant.
The many types of visa applications handled by Vista Legal are as follows:

Non-immigrant Categories
  • Type B (Business Visa/Tourist Visa)
  • E-1 (Treaty Trader visa from nationals of treaty countries)
  • F-1 (Student Visa)
  • H-1B (Work Visa for Specialty Occupations)
  • J-1 Repatriation Restriction Exemption (Participants of Exchange Program)
  • K-1 (Fiancé Visa)
  • L-1 (Work Visa for Intracompany Transferees)
  • M-1 (Student Visa for Vocational School or Business School)
  • O-1 (Work Visa for Those with Outstanding Ability)
  • R-1 (Religious Workers)
  • S-1 (Visa for Assistance to Law Enforcement)
  • T-1 (Victim of Trafficking)
  • U Non-immigrant Status (Victim of Qualifying Criminal Activity)
  • Third Country visa
  • Change of Non-immigrant status from one to another
  • Application for an extension of non-immigrant status
  • Application for Civil Surgeon Designation

Professional Immigration Categories
  • NIW (National Interest Waiver)
  • EB-1A (Priority Workers)
  • EB-1B (Outstanding Professor or Researcher)
  • EB-1C (Managers and Executives of a Multinational Company)
  • PERM Labor Certification
  • Special processing procedures for PERM University teachers’ labor certification
  • EB-2 rooted in PERM (Advanced Degree / Exceptional Ability)
  • EB-3 (professionals, skilled workers, other workers) rooted in PERM

Investment Immigration Categories
  • E-2 (Investors from Treaty Countries)
  • EB-5 (Investors of More than a Half Million Dollars)
  • EB – 5 Regional Center


U.S. citizens can petition for certain family members to provide their family with U.S. permanent residency. A U.S. citizen can file a petition for children, siblings, or a foreign-born spouse and, under certain situations, the children of their spouse. U.S. citizens, who are over 21 years-old, can petition for their parents.

U.S. permanent residents can petition for their spouse and children. However, there is no category for the married children of permanent residents who are over 21 years old.

Additionally, U.S. employers can file a petition for alien workers.

The scope of family business includes:
  • I-130 application
  • Adoption
  • Divorce
  • US citizen fiance/fiance/spouse
  • Marry
  • Consular Processing (Consular Processing)
  • Adjustment of Status
The business of applicants includes:
  • I-140 application
  • I-140 & I-485 submitted at the same time


There is always a long story behind each person who waves the American flag at the swearing in ceremony.

Vista Legal is here to analyze whether you are eligible to apply for U.S. Citizenship.


There are many different ways to obtain legal residency in the United States.

  • Based on Family
  • Based on Employment
  • Based on an Asylum Approval
  • Immigrant Visas
  • Many Other Categories

Call us for a consultation regarding your future U.S. residency.


A travel document, or advance parole, is a document that permits certain noncitizens without permanent residency to depart the United States and return on a later date within the validity period of the travel document’s terms. Certain applications that are pending before an immigration agency can be abandoned if the noncitizen departs the United States without a travel document (advance parole). Some people can even benefit after returning from traveling with an advance parole by becoming eligible for permanent residency if they lacked a prior legal entry to the United States. Because the use of a travel document requires departing the United States, it is strongly recommended to consult an attorney before using one because leaving the United States can also carry risks.


Removal (Deportation) proceedings begin when the U.S. Government serves of a Notice to Appear before an Immigration Judge. In Immigration Court, many of the same immigration benefits that can be applied for outside of Court can also be used to defend oneself from deportation. Additionally, there are other forms of relief that can only be applied for in Immigration Court to protect oneself from deportation. Regardless of the reason that someone ends up in Court proceedings, consulting an attorney can provide useful guidance.


A labor certification is a process that begins with the Department of Labor to establish that there are no qualified U.S. workers for a position that a company desires to have filled by foreign worker. Prior to the approval of a labor certification, employers must establish that they will pay the foreign worker a comparable wage to U.S. workers in the field and that the employer’s good faith recruitment efforts have failed to locate a qualified U.S. worker for the job. Having an attorney prepare a Labor Certification can greatly reduce your own stress with the process. Contact Vista Legal and request an attorney’s evaluation of the job position sought to be filled by an alien worker for a labor certification.


Litigation against the U.S. immigration agencies is a last resort option, but sometimes it is a necessary one. At Vista Legal, we have attorneys who are willing to bring the fight to a Federal Court to keep your American Dream alive. If your application or appeal has been denied by an immigration agency, there may still be hope for further review of that decision.